I know that this is really fighting back against the Obama administration. But yet again who is affected. The Millennials. Our government on both sides has been swinging punches at Millennials. Our government is going to have to stop putting pointless burdens on my generation. Alright, lets talk about DACA.
To be considered for DACA the requirements are on their website but I’ve put them below. These are the initial qualifications.
You may request consideration of DACA if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012, meaning that:
- You never had a lawful immigration status on or before June 15, 2012, or
- Any lawful immigration status or parole that you obtained prior to June 15, 2012, had expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
The point is…this targets many Millennials that have lived here for a long time. Grew up here in the states. Over half the roughly 800,000 recipients are in Texas and California.
These people are typically better than American citizens. If they are not being lawful they get deported. This can sometimes include misdemeanors. The ruling is that 3 misdemeanor charges is enough to be deported.
In the United States we pay more money to keep people in prisons. Hell, we pay more money to just transport people to prison than how beneficial these 800,000 DACA people are to the US. We let white American men get away with rape and violence. We let major banks crash our economy. But these 800,000 DACA people. Fuck them. That is what you’re telling my generation.